Tips on applying for funding for playground equipment
Advice on seeking external funding and preparing a grant application
- Be clear on the need for the project and what you want to do with the money
- Plan the bid as much as you can, don’t leave writing the bid until the last minute
- Research the funder, their guidelines and any permissions you need
- Be clear and to the point
Hints and tips on making a funding application
- Identify how the funder wants to receive applications – via letter, grant application form, in writing, electronically etc.
- Read the funding guidelines – make sure your project covers all the necessary points of the application
- Don’t ignore any rules you don’t like – e.g. if the bidding guidance says they will only accept one South Tyneside bid, a partnership project will be needed. If you ignore this and 2 bids go in, there’s a good chance they will both be rejected
- If in doubt, be clear and to the point – focus on who your organisation is, why you need the money and what the project will do
- Be specific not general – ideally quote figures of people to be supported etc.
- If possible identify a contact at the funding organisation – so you have someone to deal with/ask questions of etc.
- Avoid using abbreviations and acronyms
- Ask someone to check the application – it can be helpful for a third party (a ‘fresh pair of eyes’) to read through the application before it is submitted.
Lottery Funding for Playground Equipment
Fit For Funding
UK Business Grants