Funding & financing options for your new playground
We understand that a new (or refurbished) play area is a big investment, especially when the budgets for schools and nurseries, like yours, are being cut on a yearly basis. However, there are a couple of different ways you can raise the money below:
Funding your new playground
There are many grants and funding opportunities available to ensure you can achieve your dream playground. Securing your funding is easier than you think with our tips below plus we have access to professional bid writers (if you don’t have the time).
Advice on seeking external funding and preparing a grant application
- Be clear on the need for the project and what you want to do with the money
- Plan the bid as much as you can, don’t leave writing the bid until the last minute
- Research the funder, their guidelines and any permissions you need
- Be clear and to the point
Hints and tips on making a funding application
- Identify how the funder wants to receive applications – via letter, grant application form, in writing, electronically etc.
- Read the funding guidelines – make sure your project covers all the necessary points of the application
- Don’t ignore any rules you don’t like – e.g. if the bidding guidance says they will only accept one South Tyneside bid, a partnership project will be needed. If you ignore this and 2 bids go in, there’s a good chance they will both be rejected
- If in doubt, be clear and to the point – focus on who your organisation is, why you need the money and what the project will do
- Be specific not general – ideally quote figures of people to be supported etc.
- If possible identify a contact at the funding organisation – so you have someone to deal with/ask questions of etc.
- Avoid using abbreviations and acronyms
- Ask someone to check the application – it can be helpful for a third party (a ‘fresh pair of eyes’) to read through the application before it is submitted.
Financing your new playground
With the assistance of our preferred finance suppliers, Next Route Finance, we can help you raise the funds for your new playground equipment so that your pupils can get the benefit from it immediately, whilst the school repays the amount over a longer period of time that can be budgeted for.
Rhino Play Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for consumer credit activity (reference number: 774762). Rhino Play Limited works in partnership with Next Route Finance Limited who is fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number: 734483). Next Route Finance Limited is a credit broker not a lender. Please note, all finance requested will be passed directly to Next Route Finance Limited. Finance is subject to status and terms and conditions.